30-sai-no-Hoken-Taiiku-en


This is my review on 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku - A Thirty-Year Old's Health and Physical Education. The subject/theme of this anime is sex but it has a lot of comedy in it that makes learning about sex, fun to watch through this anime.

Story (5-7/10): Personally, I give it 6
The story is pretty straight forward and simple to understand. a 30-year old man named Hayao Imagawa have been a virgin his entire life and thus have never had sex. Because of his circumstances a God of Sexual Love sent from heaven approaches him where he must help him find the right woman he can lose his virginity to, in order to complete his assignment and return to heaven. Imagawa meets up with different women because of Daigorou, a God of Sex that pretty much interferes with his life (at least according to the main character) until he falls in love with someone aged 30 like himself and a virgin too. And now here begins his journey of true love (sex).
The story is just a normal romance love story that focuses on education to succeed in that topic, whereas the gods is there to bring comedy and guide them by being

Art (6-7/10): Personally, I give it 7
I think the animation is fitting for this anime not too flashy but not so bad to ruin the watching experience. I love the different backgrounds that’s been used when characters interact with one another or is having a monolog. The simple environment that’s been used on different parts in the city may be giving a boring feel to it to some that watches this anime but I think it fits well with the adult genre and let’s not forget that this is an adult educational anime so it must have these kinds of elements or it might lose its edge. I think it’s a good way been portraying when the god teaches for example the main character what he should be focusing on how to treat a woman, it gives you the educational feel.
The thing I don’t like much is that the characters often stay constant but I guess it’s to save budget. I also enjoyed noticing some of it’s use of anime references like Jojo or Dragon Ball Z.
Important note when watching this anime, you should watch it uncensored, the first time I watched it when it aired, it was rather confusing to watch when many pictures and scenes was censored and certain words which made me confused as a result. So, watching it uncensored is the best way to watch it.

Sound (7-8/10): Personally, I give it 8
The OP & ED that’s been used in the anime is very good and can be listened to more than once but it’s not that memorable but fitting for this anime, I personally loved both and I think the Ending credits was really clever showing the main characters appearances from their early childhood to later in their adulthood for each episode where in the end of the song shows how the main characters relationship stands atm.
The OST that’s been used through the anime is very much unique and there are some tracks I really loved listening to which made the anime better to watch. For example, after the scene where Daigorou "God of Sex" approached the Main character naked and got kicked out, returned inside sitting in a throne on his dining table and thus the track plays, I think it’s really good. The background music that’s been played through the anime has been used well in various scenes.

Character (9-10/10): Personally, I give it 10
Although the anime story was average and pretty dull, what made this anime good was its characters and the character development for each character, in my opinion. The main characters that tried finding their soulmates and the gods constantly trying to help but most of the time interfered and made the moments more hilarious than should be. Extremely short summaries with my opinion on why I think they are so made well in the development of the story:

1. Hayao Imagawa: The male main character that is supposed to be the guy that comments while being bashed by the gods, and gets treated badly by the gods, becomes more confident in his abilities and starts taking more chances than in the past where he most of the time failed. I didn’t like his character that much but I enjoyed his growth as a character.
2. Natsu Andou: The female main character, she originally was shy of guys but learns to become a more independent woman. She is what I expected as a female MC and satisfied with her growth.
3. Daigorou: He is my favorite character, he is supposed to be the god of sex who is silver haired, good dressing, handsome and not shy of being nude. His treatment of the male MC made me laugh a lot of times.
4. Macaron: The second god of sex and the little brother to Daigorou, who has to help him getting Imagawa to lose his virginity. He often dresses as a girl, and looks really cute but… He is a guy!
5. Pii-chan: Is one of the female gods of sex that has to help Andou the female main character losing her virginity for similar situation. What I really love about Pii-chan is that she reminds me of Perona from One Piece, her many priceless face expressions makes me laugh hard every time, you can’t hate her.
6. Kuu-chan: Pii-chan’s twin sister is another god of sex who has forgot speaking Japanese so she keeps saying and doing random stuff which is fun to watch.

I really enjoy the presence of each character, it makes this simple love story more fun to watch. The ending is worth the completion if you are in doubt of wanting to continue watching this anime.

Enjoyment (7-8/10): Personally, I give it 8
I really enjoyed this anime a lot and though the story was average which I have seen before the characters made it worth to watch. The animation and the art being used, I enjoyed noticing it a great deal and I loved the music and songs that’s been used for this anime. The characters development made it more enjoyable and the gods presence made it more comedically,
Final Thoughts:
But in all honesty, some that watches this anime might think it’s disturbing or messed up what the gods do and portray like Daigorou dressing up his 8-year old little brother and giving green light to Imagawa to practice sex with, that’s cringed lol.

PS:
This review is based on my rating on enjoyment and other specific factors. The first time I watched it I enjoyed it greatly, considering the strange title it has. Later, I rewatched this anime again so I could focus on other factors than the story.
This is my second Review and my first anime TV series Review, because I’m inexperienced I must learn to reduce the length of my reviews. Again, I had a lot of fun writing this review, and I’m open for all kinds of feedback.

Overall Rating 8 - Very Good ^_^

Important Note: I offer Special Personal Interviews which can be found on my profile under the section "My Anime Reviews". This will be served as an extra service for the interested ones, since you should consider it an Extension of the Reviews. Beware that the Special Personal Interviews will only be focused on those that have watched the anime, since it will contain heavy spoilers of any sort, so if you haven't watched the reviewed anime then don't read those Special Personal Interviews.




UPDATED CONTENT